A Message From Our Leadership
A Special Holiday Message of Hope and Gratitude from our Founder & CEO
Post Date: December 24, 2020
Celebrating the Holidays Safely
Post Date: December 14, 2020
A Special Thanksgiving Message from our COO
Post Date: November 24, 2020
Thanksgiving is a day when we are reminded of the good fortune we have had this year. However, with the advent of the COVID pandemic, I think we can all agree that 2020 in particular was very difficult. Fear, uncertainty, and concern plagued the minds of the families we served and the caregivers who represent us. As an essential service, 1Heart employees took the lead in supplying PPEs, educating, and practicing precautionary measures to protect our community. We recognize that for our seniors afflicted with COVID, there is no alternative. I am humbled by the actions of our team who recognized the necessity of the services we provide and continue to give care to those who desperately need it. This is a testament not only to their compassion but their courage as well. I am thankful to work with individuals who, no matter the challenge or hardship, are not deterred in fulfilling their vital responsibilities. Let us remember to take pride in all that we do and resolve our hearts for the future that lies ahead.
Chief Operating Officer
1Heart Caregiver Services
Contact Us For AssistanceWe are currently on a statewide mandatory “Stay-at-Home” order. Does your loved one need assistance with shopping for groceries or running errands? We can help!
Mandatory Testing for Caregivers and Office Staff
Last Updated: June 1st, 2020
Just like most businesses and families, these past couple months have been very challenging COVID-19 times. Despite this, we, at 1Heart, have risen to up to the challenge to provide what we do best – caring for those in need.
I’d like to commend our valiant caregivers who remain committed in providing essential home care services to seniors who already face immense hardships. As states all over the nation begin to relax restrictions, 1Heart will continue to update its policies and protocols in light of the new normal we are now experiencing.
- With the increase in availability of free COVID-19 testing, we are requiring all our caregivers to show proof of a negative test result before being assigned to our clients.
- While we will continue to have staff telework, those who need to come by the office may do so after showing evidence that they are COVID-19 free. This is done to ensure the safety of the families we serve, fellow caregivers, and other office staff.
- 1Heart will also continue to work with our healthcare partners in ensuring that all our caregivers remain equipped with the proper PPEs and abide by social distancing requirements when applicable.
As we endure on these uncertain times, 1Heart will continue to safeguard the well-being of our caregivers and the senior community we serve.
Last updated April 7th, 2020
It’s been a few weeks since we last communicated with you about the dramatic impact of COVID-19 in our communities, our families and our very way of life. What we are all going through nowadays is daunting, but I remain optimistic as I am touched by the moments of triumph in acts of courage, humanity and love that we see every day.
We remain committed to providing care to our care recipients without interruption. In this regard, 1Heart Caregiver Services salutes our caregivers who are on the frontlines working to keep our seniors safe and preserving their quality of life. I want you to know that we’re focused on doing the best we can in protecting our caregivers as well as the people we provide care for. Here are the measures we are taking to guarantee our commitment:
- We have established protocols for our caregivers to follow to ensure the well-being of the seniors under our care.
- We have provided our caregivers, both active and on stand-by, with an online certification class on COVID-19. This is to enrich their knowledge on the virus and make sure that they are prepared in safeguarding their health and safety while protecting the seniors under their care from the risk of infection.
- We are now also providing families we serve with Care Kits which contain essential items for disinfection, and infection control and that they and our caregivers can use at their home or if need be, when outside the home.
- We will be replenishing the masks and gloves as they become available.
Rest assured, 1Heart will continue to take the necessary precautions and initiatives to ensure your peace of mind during these trying times.
Founder and CEO
Our Caregivers are COVID19-Ready
March 24, 2020
We have provided our caregivers, both active and on stand-by, with an online certification class on COVID-19 offered by CareAcademy. This is to enrich their knowledge on the virus and ensure their preparedness on safeguarding their health and safety while protecting the seniors under their care from the risk of infection.
With their COVID-19 certification and the safety protocols we have in place, we are proud to say that…
To Our Clients: 1Heart’s Response to COVID-19
March 20, 2020
The elderly is at the heart of everything we do at 1Heart Caregiver Services. As we closely monitor the latest news about COVID-19, we are aware that older people, the very people we serve, are more susceptible to the virus than others. We take this information very seriously and have taken the absolute necessary precautions to make sure that the seniors we have under our care, as well as our employees and caregivers are safeguarded from the risk of infection. Allow us to share an update on some of the ways we are protecting you and the rest of the 1Heart community.
- We are continuing to monitor updates from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and other federal, state, and local agencies to help ensure the actions we’re taking are in line with their latest recommendations. As new guidance from CDC and WHO gets released, these are communicated right away to our caregivers and client care managers to keep everyone informed to ensure their safety and that of our care recipients.
- We are regularly checking in with our caregivers to remind them to observe themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 before starting every shift. We have a pool of backup caregivers on standby in case the primary caregiver exhibits even just one symptom and is advised to stay home.
- When supply becomes available, we will replenish the safety kits we have provided our caregivers. These kits include gloves, face masks and hand sanitizers.
- In compliance with the guidelines on social distancing, our client care managers are advised to conduct phone calls instead of their regular visitations for our current clients. They will still be available for visits only upon your request.
- For new clients, our client care managers are still readily available to conduct free in-home assessments. Should you need home care services for a loved one or someone you know, they can be reached through the 1Heart Hotline at (844) 814-3278.
Our first priority remains keeping 1Heart employees, caregivers, and most especially, our care recipients and their families safe and informed while doing what we can to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus.
Our business operations continue as usual — which means that our employees have now transitioned to remote working where appropriate. We are committed to keeping our service levels to reflect normal operating standards and making ourselves available 24/7. Our employees have stepped up at this critical time and we are proud of the great collaboration within the 1Heart family. Rest assured, we will continue to work towards providing the same level of service you have come to expect even during these uncertain times.
1Heart’s Response to COVID-19
March 17, 2020
The elderly is at the heart of everything we do at 1Heart Caregiver Services. As we closely monitor the latest news about COVID-19, we are aware that older people, the very people we serve, are more susceptible to the virus than others. We take this information very seriously and have taken the absolute necessary precautions to ensure that the seniors we have under our care, as well as our employees, are safeguarded from the risk of infection. Allow us to share an update on some of the ways we are protecting you and the rest of the 1Heart community.
- We are continuing to monitor updates from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and other federal, state, and local agencies to help ensure the actions we’re taking are in line with their latest recommendations and guidance. We are communicating this regularly with our caregivers to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our care recipients.
- To help protect the health and safety of your staff, your residents, as well as our client care managers, we will be available to visit your facility only upon your request should you require private duty caregivers. They can be reached through the mobile phone and email address that you have of them on file or call the 1Heart Hotline at (844) 814-3278.
- In compliance with the guidelines on social distancing, all activities booked previously have been canceled until we receive notification to move forward as scheduled.
Our first priority remains keeping 1Heart employees, caregivers, and clients safe and informed while doing what we can to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus. Rest assured, we will continue to work towards providing the same level of service you have come to expect even during these uncertain times.
A Message of Gratitude Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
March 16, 2020
As all nations around the world are trying to cope with the reality of the COVID-19 situation, our thoughts and hearts go out to all those who have been affected by this pandemic. 1Heart extends our sincere appreciation and gratitude to all healthcare workers, caregivers, and local communities who are in the front line working to save lives and to contain this virus.
Our first priority is the health and safety of our care recipients, caregivers, and employees. This virus threat has made it imperative for all of us to be more mindful as we go through our daily activities. We, at 1Heart, will continue to take all precautions necessary to ensure a healthy and clean environment around us to reduce the potential transmission of the virus in our office, our own households and in the homes of the seniors we serve.
Founder and CEO